I actually want to take a hand at cartographer and calligraphy, the only sort of art that interests me. Though…I suppose if I could only draw the maps I’m interested in, I could scan them and use GIMP to apply lettering without having to learn two new skills.
- Last I used it, GIMP had horrible typography.
- A font will never look as good as good calligraphy.
- I’ve seen your handwriting.
- My sister and aunt are also into calligraphy.
- This list has no logical direction, progression, or conclusion.
I enjoy 3, in that it carries the complex connotation that the disparaging 1 and 2 should be disregarded and GIMP should be utilized anyway.
I don’t intend to sound immodest, but I also enjoy my thought process.